Structure Fire - 518 Prince George Street

On the eve of Thanksgiving, units from Station 10 were cleaning up from a call off Bramble Lane, when they were alerted for a report of a house fire. Deputy Chief Kelso was the first unit on the scene, established the Prince George St. Command and reported that there was a 2-story single family dwelling, with fire showing through the roof. Engine 103 responded with 5 volunteers, Ambulance 108 responded with 3 volunteers. Asst. Chief Hull had the interior.

Units from Stations 49, 31, 41, 16, Anne Arundel 27, Montgomery 15, Howard 6 and 11 were also onscene. The initial cause was determined to be a propane smoker that caught fire, igniting the deck which then extended up into walls and attic.One family was displaced (3 Adults + 1 Dog). One FireFighter was transported and released from the hospital.

pictures courtesy Jim Codespote - LVFD member

Link to NBC4 News Story - http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#!/news/local/Fire-Damages-Home-in-Laurel/180542881