Members of the LVFD recently dedicated our new Tower 10 in memory of Captain Edward "Lee" Lesisher. Lee's family attended the truck housing ceremony along with the Mayor, the City Administrator, Councilmembers, and several LVFD members. As tradition calls for, members pushed the new tower into her new LVFD home and the Rev. Litchfield blessed the new unit.
Units from Company 10 and the surrounding area respond to the 1100 block of White Way in Laurel for a reported house on fire. Engine 103 arrived first to find a single story, single family house with smoke and fire showing. Crews went to work hitting the fire in the basement and first floor. Crews from 10 (LVFD), 49 (Laurel Rescue), 31 (Beltsville), 27 (Maryland City AACO), 41
Just after 2pm, units from the Beltsville area were dispatched to 11400 Old Baltimore Pike for a commercial building fire. Engine from Beltsville 31 went on scene with a working fire in a two story warehouse strip. LVFD E104 was dispatch on the "Working Fire Dispatch" bringing Chief 10 (Hull), and Chief 10B (Brown). Units worked on the scene for about 3 hours.
It is with the deepest regret that the Laurel Volunteer Fire Department announces the death of Life Member Barry Sacks. Barry passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer. He was 58. Viewing is scheduled for Sunday February 28th from 4pm to 8pm with a fire department memorial service at 7pm. The funeral will be on Monday February 29th at 11am. Both the
Congratulations are in order for LVFD Chief DJ Hull who was recently selected by the Veterans of Foreign War (VFW) Post 7757, Kettering-Largo, as Firefighter/EMT of the Year for his actions to rescue a firefighter who had fallen through a burned out staircase while battlin
Just before 4pm units from LVFD Company 10, Laurel Rescue 49, Beltsville 31, Savage 6, and Burtonsville 15 were alerted for a townhouse fire in the 7600 blk of North Arbory Way. Engine 104 arrived first to find a 3-story end of the group townhouse with smoke coming from the first floor. Upon entry into the house, crews found a fire in the kitchen area beginning to extend to the hall